Regain Your Confidence With miraDry® Sweat Reduction Treatment
Like it, or not, sweating is a natural part of life for everyone. Due to our physiological nature, our bodies produce sweat as a way to expel heat accumulated by the natural thermoregulation within the body. We, humans, are considered warm-blooded (endothermic) because the temperature of our bodies is not reliant on outside environmental factors. Unlike cold-blooded (ectothermic) species, humans have a built-in system to regulate the temperature of the body. Sweating plays a major role in the body’s ability to release heat. Without being able to sweat, our bodies would overheat, causing life-threatening complications.
Now, not to suggest that all sweat is necessary, and we’ll even go as far as to say that not all parts of your body need to sweat. In fact, the underarms contain less than two percent of the body’s sweat glands. Many people find this small two percent to be a 100 percent problem for them—particularly people who suffer from hyperhidrosis. Excessive sweating can complicate many aspects of a person’s life, but nothing seems to be as embarrassingly obvious as armpit sweat stains.
Excessive armpit sweat is the bane of many people’s social existence and is a total confidence killer. From favorite stained t-shirts to tops you know you can’t wear without shouting to the world, “I have sweaty armpits!” Hyperhidrosis does not discriminate and, unfortunately, there is no known cure for the disorder. The great news is, there is a treatment out there that can dramatically reduce the amount of sweat in your underarms. The treatment was so successful that 89 percent of RealSelf reviewers gave it a “Worth It” rating.
What is this miracle procedure? The only FDA approved treatment to permanently reduce underarm sweat is called miraDry. miraDry will give you the self-confidence to wear whatever top you want, without focusing on keeping your arms firmly to your sides at all times.
Never again will you have to throw away another favorite shirt due to underarm stains! Forgot to apply deodorant this morning? miraDry eliminates sweat glands that produce odor so you will never panic and avoid other people in the office again—unless you actually want to.
If the miraDry procedure is something you are strongly considering then there is nowhere else you should turn to besides Buckhead Plastic Surgery & LUX Med Spa. miraDry is a fantastic solution to excessive underarm sweat but the procedure must be performed by a reputable and licensed professional. Dr. Larsen, with his team at Buckhead Plastic Surgery & LUX Med Spa, are incredible at what they do, and they are more than happy to answer your questions about miraDry.
3 STEPS TO SWEAT-FREE
MiraDry is an easy treatment that can be completed in our office in as little as one hour.
What is miraDry?
miraDry is a non-surgical procedure that was created to eliminate excessive sweat and odor production in patients.
- Using noninvasive microwave technology to eliminate sweat glands through thermal energy.
- Only FDA-approved treatment that can provide pronounced improvement in underarm sweat reduction.
- Composed of three functioning elements: the console; the handpiece; and the bioTip™.
How Does miraDry Work?
A trained practitioner will administer the local anesthetic to the underarm (one axilla at a time); next, the tattoo graph will be drawn on the underarm to mark the procedure targets; the final step is to apply the miraDry device.
- The device is placed on the skin and a portion of the underarm is pulled up into the bioTip™ (might experience a slight tugging sensation but the anesthetic makes this virtually painless.)
- The system heats to eliminate over-productive sweat glands, all-the-while, cooling and safeguarding the sensitive surface layers of the skin.
- As the epidermis and dermis layers of the skin are cooled, the fat layer of the skin is heated, subsequently killing off eccrine glands (sweat glands) and apocrine glands (odor glands).
Don’t I need to sweat?
Of course! But not from your underarms. You’re born with approximately 2-4 million sweat glands throughout your body.2 Your underarms only contain about 2% of those glands. After your miraDry treatment, you will experience the many benefits of dry underarms, and you will continue to perspire normally elsewhere.
Stressing over sweat?
You’re not alone. There are 37 million people in the United States who suffer from excessive sweat and/or hyperhidrosis.3 Fortunately, miraDry offers a permanent solution.
Who Benefits from miraDry?
miraDry is a beneficial procedure for anyone who suffers from an over-production of sweat in their underarms.
- Hyperhidrosis sufferers find the procedure to be the best option to permanently treat excessive underarm sweat.
- Indirectly, the treatment has a beneficial side-effect of dramatically and permanently reducing underarm hair growth (hair of all colors!)
- Invaluable to people who suffer from axillary osmidrosis (foul-smelling sweat).
Who Performs the miraDry Procedure?
The procedure must be performed by a trained professional in a licensed facility. Because the miraDry treatment requires an anesthetic injection, a licensed professional must at least do the numbing step. Then another trained member of the staff can administer the procedure. At Buckhead Plastic Surgery & Lux Med Spa, the entire process will be done with highly trained medical staff members under Dr. Larsen’s cosmetic surgery license.
What is the Success Rate of miraDry?
In a 2012 study done at the University of British Columbia, 90 percent of patients experienced a reduction of underarm sweat after the miraDry procedure. Similar to the reduction stats, patients reportedly had a 90 percent satisfaction rating following the treatment.
- Shown to be safe and effective for patients in over 76,000 procedures performed.
- Due to its massive success, the procedure is currently available in over 50 countries worldwide.
- Depending on the rate of sweat production, some patients experience a major reduction in underarm sweat after just one procedure.
- Patients who suffer from osmidrosis (excessive odor sweat) experience a major reduction in foul-smelling sweat in their underarms.
Are there Side-Effects and/or Risks?
Temporary side-effects that have been reported following the miraDry procedure include swelling; numbness; redness; tingling; and tenderness.
- Rarely, a patient may have stubborn, or “resistant”, glands to the procedure (this is said to be due to the location of the gland, which is either too deep or too superficial for effectiveness. If a patient reports excessive sweating after the procedure, follow up treatments can be discussed with the practitioner.
- An awesome and common side-effect is the reduction of underarm hair, and/or thinning of the hair texture.
90% all-time “Worth It” rating
Hear from real patients and see for yourself why miraDry has earned a high
patient satisfaction rating on RealSelf.com
Book a miraDry Consultation Today!
Alan N. Larsen, MD.
Double Board-Certified Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Larsen established Buckhead Plastic Surgery as a boutique practice to offer world-class, personalized service to women and men throughout the Southeast. Dr. Larsen’s compassion and talent are complemented by his elite training with some of the nation’s finest plastic surgeons.
Alan N. Larsen, MD.Double Board-Certified Atlanta Plastic SurgeonDr. Larsen established Buckhead Plastic Surgery as a boutique practice to offer world-class, personalized service to women and men throughout the Southeast. Dr. Larsen’s compassion and talent are complemented by his elite training with some of the nation’s finest plastic surgeons.
Stay Social With Us!