There is a #Newtox in town.
You know that line you have between your eyes—the one you inherited from mom or dad? Or that line you developed making that face when you’re frustrated? That line laughs at you while you apply creams and ointments day and night, and shows up in pictures to ruin your perfect shot. This glabellar line is one that many people around the world spend thousands of dollars every year to make disappear, to no avail.
Over time, our skin loses its elasticity making wrinkles even deeper and more apparent. In case you are not aware, neurotoxin injections are not just treatments for stubborn lines, like that glabellar line, but they are also preventative treatments. It can also prevent new lines from forming and smooth out the old ones which could deepen with time.
Have you considered Botox®, but you are turned off by the high cost of the treatment? Or have you been down the line of other neurotoxin injections that aren’t giving you the results you expect? If this is the case, we are pleased to introduce you to Jeuveau™, the neurotoxin that is making waves in the cosmetic market.
The makers of Jeuveau are trying to take over the cosmetic injectable industry and making some of their competitors nervous. When Evolus first introduced Jeuveau, many people in the industry questioned whether this new product could keep up with the likes of Botox®, Dysport®, and other similar neurotoxins. Study after study, this new product showed promise and effectiveness and it wouldn’t take long before Jeuveau proved its right to be amongst the best.
Botox has been the juggernaut of the cosmetic injectable industry for decades. There are other injectables that have made a name for themselves over the years but none have superseded the popularity of Botox. That is until Evolus decided to introduce Jeuveau and this new efficacious neuromodulator treatment is quickly becoming a new contender.
In an industry inundated with huge companies that produce many different products, Evolus separates themselves with their customer-centric approach to product development. Evolus is highly focused on the success of Jeuveau for their clients.
Now, how is Jeuveau different from Botox? These two neurotoxins are very similar in that they are both derived from the same bacteria. However, Botox and Jeuveau are different products—similar to how Mercedes and Lexus both make vehicles—just different types of models. As far as quality goes, Jeuveau is 900 kDa purified botulinum toxin formula type A and is produced following the strictest quality standards in top-notch facilities where only this specific drug is manufactured. Its safety has been evaluated through a clinical study with over 2,000 patients. Jeuveau™ also enjoys another advantage over other neurotoxins that it is only developed for aesthetic purposes. The company is more flexible in its pricing as it is not restricted by government reimbursement.
Whether you have more questions about Jeuveau, or if you would simply like to consult with Dr. Larsen or one of our master injectors about this new product, make your appointment today. Dr. Larsen, alongside his highly skilled staff at Buckhead Plastic Surgery & LUX Med Spa, is ready to treat your stubborn glabellar lines and give you back the youthful look you crave.
What is Jeuveau™?
Jeuveau™ is a botulinum toxin, very similar to Botox, and is the first aesthetic-only neurotoxin approved in the U.S.
- Neurotoxin name is: Prabotulinumtoxin A-XVFS
- Used for the temporary treatment of glabellar line (the stubborn line between your eyes).
- FDA approved neurotoxin
- Manufactured using Hi-Pure™ technology at Evolus, a state-of-the-art facility.
Jeuveau vs Botox and other Injectables?
Jeuveau has a lower manufacturing cost, which allows practitioners to provide the treatment at a similar introductory cost, compared to Botox. However, Jeuveau is a premium product thus could go up slightly in comparison to Botox after the introductory prices changes. However, when you consider the recommended 3 times per year instead of Botox’s recommended 4 times per year, the saving becomes apparent.
- Even though there are other neurotoxin injectables that are more cost-effective than Botox, Jeuveau is an equal contender to Botox, while older—cheaper—alternatives are not.
- Jeuveau has projective effectiveness of four months, which is a little longer than the duration of Botox. Some clinical trials suggest that Jeuveau has a slightly longer effectiveness than other neurotoxin injectables.
- Everyone reacts differently to certain neurotoxin based products. For example, some recipients experience a longer effect from Botox, and others find Dysport to last longer. Jeuveau can be the solution if you have not had success with other alternative neurotoxins.
How Does Jeuveau Work?
Jeuveau is made up of a neurotoxin that temporarily paralyzes the muscle at the application site. The toxin inhibits the release of acetylcholine and blocks the neuromuscular bond.
- Jeuveau works to both smooth out lines and is beneficial as a preventative treatment by weakening muscles over time.
Who Created Jeuveau?
Jeuveau was created by Evolus, a state-of-the-art facility that was designed, specifically, to manufacture this up-and-coming aesthetic treatment.
- The executives at Evolus were former executives of Allergan, the juggernaut of cosmetic manufacturing.
- The name Jeuveau came to fruition as a play on the French word “nouveau”, which translates to “recent/modern”. The executives at Evolus want patients to turn back the clock as they incorporate Jeuveau into their lives.
Why Should Botox be Intimidated by Jeuveau?
Evolus, the manufacturer of Jeuveau, is the first company to enter the competitive and fast-growing U.S. aesthetic neurotoxin market in almost 10 years.
- Many patients find that certain neurotoxin injectables are not as effective and/or lasting, subsequently, they end up switching to Dysport®, or Xeomin®. The introduction of Jeuveau means, an equivalent treatment to the unrivaled Botox, all-the-while spending less money.
- Evolus’s main focus as a company is to manufacture the aesthetic product, Jeuveau.
What are the Side Effects of Jeuveau?
- Reports of drug interaction side effects have been notably unremarkable in clinical studies.
- Temporary side effects of neurotoxin injection include pain at the injection site; bruising; swelling; and bleeding.
- Serious side effects but rare include: problems swallowing, speaking, or breathing; spread of toxin effects.
Make an appointment to receive your Jeuveau injection at Buckhead Plastic Surgery & LUX Med Spa today.
If you read the intro to this article and thought to yourself, yes, I have that stubborn line and I don’t deserve it, well then, Jeuveau is for you. You deserve to have the youthful face you want, no matter what your genes say, or what life throws your way!
Save Every Month
The LUX Med Spa Membership Program is a great way to maintain a consistent skin care regimen at affordable prices. LUXurious Skin Members can take advantage of exclusive savings every month on some of our medical spa’s most popular treatments.
Alan N. Larsen, MD.
Double Board-Certified Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Larsen established Buckhead Plastic Surgery as a boutique practice to offer world-class, personalized service to women and men throughout the Southeast. Dr. Larsen’s compassion and talent are complemented by his elite training with some of the nation’s finest plastic surgeons.
Alan N. Larsen, MD.Double Board-Certified Atlanta Plastic SurgeonDr. Larsen established Buckhead Plastic Surgery as a boutique practice to offer world-class, personalized service to women and men throughout the Southeast. Dr. Larsen’s compassion and talent are complemented by his elite training with some of the nation’s finest plastic surgeons.
Stay Social With Us!