Jeuveau vs Botox and other Injectables?
Jeuveau has a lower manufacturing cost, which allows practitioners to provide the treatment at a similar introductory cost, compared to Botox. However, Jeuveau is a premium product thus could go up slightly in comparison to Botox after the introductory prices changes. However, when you consider the recommended 3 times per year instead of Botox’s recommended 4 times per year, the saving becomes apparent.
- Even though there are other neurotoxin injectables that are more cost-effective than Botox, Jeuveau is an equal contender to Botox, while older—cheaper—alternatives are not.
- Jeuveau has projective effectiveness of four months, which is a little longer than the duration of Botox. Some clinical trials suggest that Jeuveau has a slightly longer effectiveness than other neurotoxin injectables.
- Everyone reacts differently to certain neurotoxin based products. For example, some recipients experience a longer effect from Botox, and others find Dysport to last longer. Jeuveau can be the solution if you have not had success with other alternative neurotoxins.
How Does Jeuveau Work?
Jeuveau is made up of a neurotoxin that temporarily paralyzes the muscle at the application site. The toxin inhibits the release of acetylcholine and blocks the neuromuscular bond.
- Jeuveau works to both smooth out lines and is beneficial as a preventative treatment by weakening muscles over time.
Who Created Jeuveau?
Jeuveau was created by Evolus, a state-of-the-art facility that was designed, specifically, to manufacture this up-and-coming aesthetic treatment.
- The executives at Evolus were former executives of Allergan, the juggernaut of cosmetic manufacturing.
- The name Jeuveau came to fruition as a play on the French word “nouveau”, which translates to “recent/modern”. The executives at Evolus want patients to turn back the clock as they incorporate Jeuveau into their lives.
Why Should Botox be Intimidated by Jeuveau?
Evolus, the manufacturer of Jeuveau, is the first company to enter the competitive and fast-growing U.S. aesthetic neurotoxin market in almost 10 years.
- Many patients find that certain neurotoxin injectables are not as effective and/or lasting, subsequently, they end up switching to Dysport®, or Xeomin®. The introduction of Jeuveau means, an equivalent treatment to the unrivaled Botox, all-the-while spending less money.
- Evolus’s main focus as a company is to manufacture the aesthetic product, Jeuveau.
What are the Side Effects of Jeuveau?
- Reports of drug interaction side effects have been notably unremarkable in clinical studies.
- Temporary side effects of neurotoxin injection include pain at the injection site; bruising; swelling; and bleeding.
- Serious side effects but rare include: problems swallowing, speaking, or breathing; spread of toxin effects.
Make an appointment to receive your Jeuveau injection at Buckhead Plastic Surgery & LUX Med Spa today.
If you read the intro to this article and thought to yourself, yes, I have that stubborn line and I don’t deserve it, well then, Jeuveau is for you. You deserve to have the youthful face you want, no matter what your genes say, or what life throws your way!